A set of new functionalities was added to
the National Map. These functionalities are deliverables of the 2012 CDI-funded project:
Expand the National Map Save As/Open In to USGS Wide.
The goals the project were to:
Developments towards these goals included:
- Develop a Core Service that other viewers can call to save map sessions in the National Map
- Build session read and view libraries to open in popular applications
- Work on getting a single standard via coordinating with OGC, ESRI/OWF, and NGA
- Save As - NGTOC refactored code to be standalone service for session context and snapshot printing
- OpenIn - NGTOC solved cross-site scripting issues with opening a context profile on another server.
- Open In - OpenLayers JSON context reader is developed. Several enhancement remain
- Open in ESRI Flex API - We validated out of box in ESRI Flex viewer once saved as ESRI/OWF standard JSON
- Open In ArcGIS.com is evolving standard, but appears that it can work
- Open In - ArcMap now do-able from ArcGIS 10.1 server with new ArcPy Library