Terms of Agreement for Release of Digital Data:
National Audubon Society supports federal, state, and local agencies as well as nonprofits and other organizations in the conservation of birds, wildlife, and their habitats. For this reason, data associated with Audubon's Birds and Climate Initiative and other projects are available to others for conservation purposes as long as the recipient acknowledges and agrees to the terms specified below.
• The data provided in this release will reside on the Geographic Information System of the recipient, and will not be copied, distributed, or made accessible to other individuals. Requests by others will be referred directly to Audubon.
• The data provided in this release will not be used by the recipient for any other projects or analyses than those identified above. Requests to use the data in any other way should be made to Audubon, and users may request review of developed products by Audubon staff.
• Boundaries of priority areas or core climatically suitable range should not be perceived as absolute, definite boundaries. Rather, the boundaries should be considered approximates of the critical habitat or climatically suitable areas.
• Use and analysis of geographic data are limited by the scale at which the data are collected and mapped.
• These data should not be considered a substitute for on-site surveys that may be required for an environmental assessment, environmental impact statement, or conservation planning.
• Recipient agrees to share with National Audubon Society results of any analyses using Audubon data, including GIS exports (jpg, pdf, map services), spatial data associated with the export in a geodatabase, and a map package of all the exports and allow Audubon to incorporate resulting data in analyses.
• Users developing scientific publications from these data must contact National Audubon Society staff to discuss co-authorship or acknowledgement credit.
• You acknowledge that Audubon is the sole owner of the digital boundary data set and that there is no transfer of ownership by virtue of this agreement.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding these data or terms.