- Data source
- Input directly
Data acquisition was initially based on a Federal survey administered by contractors to the National Invasive Species Council from the University of Georgia. Federal dataset managers then expanded these results through a five-pronged approach:
1) reviewing the survey results for findings not previously reported but of particular importance in the early detection/rapid response context,
2) supplementing the catalog with information from previous invasive species information system assessments,
3) adding current programmatic information available online,
4) including information from discussions with federal information system managers, and
5) utilizing the expertise of the authors of the associated manuscript -- Jamie K. Reaser, Gerald F. Guala, Annie Simpson, Jeff Morisette, and Pam Fuller (all have experience establishing, managing, and/or routinely using federal invasive species information systems).
Revision 2.0 completed by Annie Simpson on May, 20 2020. To review the changes that were made, see “VersHist-CatalogFedEDRR-DBsAndTools.txt” in the attached files section.